The parties in the pilot strike, accept the mediator’s bid.
The strike is called off.
Swedish Pilots accept a wage increase of 2.2 percent.
Third time lucky. Now the parties have accepted the mediator’s bid in the fierce conflict between the Swedish Pilots’ Association and SAS writes Carriers in a press release.
The agreement means that SAS air traffic resumed.
During the strike that began on Friday tonight SPF turned down two bids presented earlier by the mediator.
Now, however, the SPF accepted a contract with a contract with a wage increase of mark of 2.2 percent.
pleased to get a contract
Mattias Dahl is the president of the employers’ organization Swedish aviation industry.
What is the agreement about than a salary increase?
– Not very much, but we beat such join two payrolls for first officers and captains, he says to Aftonbladet.
the agreement landed on the mark, something that you pushed from the start. Do you see as the winner in the conflict?
– I only losers because so many many people got trapped. But we are pleased that we now have an agreement.
READ ALSO New negotiations in the pilot strike
SPF satisfied despite 2.2 percent
the agreement now concluded means a salary increase of 2.2 percent for pilots. The union had demanded 3.5 percent. But Wilhelm Tersmeden, vice chairman of the SPF’s SAS-section, says he is still happy.
– I am pleased that the conflict is over. We had a goal that we would get a little longer, but we now have an agreement that is better than the former, he says to Aftonbladet.
One of the issues that the union fought for is to change is one payroll system that made the difference in pay between young and old pilots have been very great. It is now changed in the new agreement.
– Our youngest pilots get hefty raise. We who are older must stand aside in favor of them, he says.
The employer is relieved
Fredrik Henriksson is a press officer at SAS:
– We are incredibly relieved that the strike is called off. It has taken a long time to enter into this agreement and after this laborious process, we can conclude that we and the SPF does not have the same picture of the competitive situation.
Fredrik Henriksson says that the company’s focus now get underway to fly with full capacity and to bring home its passengers as soon as möjigt.
– We expect to reach full traffic within one to two days.
Pilot strike has affected about 100 000 passengers SAS says. READ ALSO The parties blame each other