a new three-year collective agreement is clear to almost half a million municipal workers.
– Municipal has today signed a historic agreement for equal salaries, said the Municipal Chairman Annelie Nordström at a press conference together with the employers’ association Sweden Municipalities and Regions (SKL).
the agreement that all MWU members get 520 crowns a month more. On top of that get nurses with graduate SEK 500 extra on average – which is more than the 400 that the union demanded.
– We have well been good negotiators simply says Kommunal agreement Secretary Lenita Granlund.
SKL bought it with among other grounds that the contract was long, unlike much of the rest of the labor market.
– from SKL’s side, we are very pleased to we get a three-year contract and can have a long-term planning out in municipalities and counties, says Helene Fritzon, Chairman of SKL’s negotiating team.
in addition, the Municipal paid with the starting salaries only increases by 80 percent of the general salary increase, both year one and two of the three year agreement.
Employers calculate the cost of the entire agreement in 2016 to three per cent, compared with the mark on the rest of the labor market of 2.2 percent.
– It allows our members to actually pay, says Fritzon.
But while nurses are the winners get the rest of the community content with an average of 520 crowns the salary increase.
– we now begin with the nurses, the other, we come back to then, says Lenita Granlund.
the union has also got tougher language on the right to full-time. Employers will continue to refer to operational reasons, “not quite so easy to get away anymore,” according Annelie Nordström.
It’s about a five-year work, much of which will take place locally in the business to all who wants to have a full-time job. 2021 should be the goal.
– Then full-time to be the norm, says Granlund.
According SKL has very already happened, over 30 000 more full-time jobs has been created in recent years.