Monday, March 21, 2016

Bronner about Wolf’s resignation: “It was chaos the week” – Swedish Dagbladet

Göran Bronner of the week when Michael Wolf (right) had to go: “It was chaos the week” Photo: Lars Pehrson & amp; Anders Ahlgren

Swedbank’s outgoing CFO Göran Bronner and Birgitte Bonnesen, Acting CEO, meets SvD Business on Monday morning out in the bank’s bright premises in Sundbyberg. Just one hour earlier, Swedbank announced that Bronner – who engaged in the controversial property deals – leaving the bank.

– For me it was the time when Michael Wolf ended very abruptly. I had no clue about that investigation. It was chaos on the week. Our communication did not reach all up. When did you say in the tumult that it was good to meet investors. It feels natural to me who know them do it, says Göran Bronner.



Mr Göran Bronner and Swedbank’s acting CEO Birgitte Bonnesen. Photo: Lars Pehrson

He is referring to that he and Anders Sundström gone around and met analysts and investors in Stockholm and London recently. When was the news, according to analysts in place, that Bronner is left in the bank.

– Maybe it was more Anders words than mine, says Göran Bronner.

After the interview he emphasizes that he says that he never made any such promises.

Bronner was thus one of the two top executives who devoted themselves to the high-profile real estate transactions now received FSA to open an investigation. But he argues that it is not the reason for his resignation.

– I think it is a good time to stop. I feel I have been facing a situation of choice: should I be there and be a candidate and try to become president, I’ll keep working as CFO, or should I do something else, he says, and the decision finally landed on the latter.



Birgitte Bonnesen. Photo: Lars Pehrson

Between the lines during the interview is easy to infer that Göran Bronner has received indications that Birgitte Bonnesen will be president, or at least he expects it, and therefore choose to give up to be a candidate. He is also careful to point out that she is popular:

– There are many internally in the bank who wants to Birgitte to become president, he said.

There’s been quite speculated that you would take over, was there anything you wanted to part?

– Of course I thought of the idea and especially when the issue was raised in the Michael Wolf’s departure, he says, but points out once again that he still landed in that rather than resign.

Göran Bronner is clear that the real estate business he engaged in was not good, but not the reason everything to stop, at their own discretion.

– I have not felt hunted to the point that I have to stop. I have followed the internal regulation and then I have made their own mistakes.



Mr Göran Bronner Photo: Lars Pehrson

They own mistakes, he says, is that he did not understand how business would be perceived by others at the bank.

– I have not understood my role and perception about my role. How it can be seen from outside. I think both Michael and I understood correctly late.

Do you regret it now?

– Absolutely. If I had had to do it all today I had done it differently.

When Birgitte Bonnesen asked how she looks at the fact that some top managers engaged in these types of property transactions she looks at Bronner and crystal clear in his response:

– it is clear that I think it is inappropriate to two members of the Group management do things together here. I am very open and clear about. Since then, it has internal regulations followed, she says and adds:

– There is a perception issue, just like Goran says. That he did not understand their role and importance.

It was on Friday, says Bronner, he went to Birgitte Bonnesen and said he wanted to stop.

– On Friday, I called Anders Sundström and told me about George’s decision. Then I met Anders weekend, says Birgitte Bonnesen.

SvD’s interview with Acting CEO Birgitte Bonnesen was booked earlier at the bank’s initiative. Something Chairman Anders Sundstrom course given its consent to. Very thus points out that she now becomes president. When asked if that’s how it should be interpreted, and if she wants to be president, she laughs out loud. As an outsider it is difficult to interpret in any other way than that she would not turn down the job.

– I focus exclusively on running the business, she says.

According to Birgitte Bonnesen she has not yet received the direct question from Anders Sundstrom, but her interest can not be mistaken.

– it’s a very good job, it’s amazing fine job, she says and adds:

– I now intend to focus on the job in the bank and if and when the question comes, I take a position on it then.

Sign up here.

kundservice.svd.se

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment