Saturday, January 31, 2015

SCA manager approved the job to Martin-Löf’s son – Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet

SCA manager approved the job to Martin-Löf's son – Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet

On Friday could SvD Business reveal that the prosecutor Thomas Forsberg of the National Anti-Corruption Unit launched a preliminary investigation in connection with the scandal surrounding the SCA Svenska Dagbladet Enterprise and analysis site N360 revealed. According to information provided to SvD Business, police and prosecutors already secured some proof.

– I can confirm that we launched a preliminary investigation, said Thomas Forsberg otherwise not have any comments.

Combs prosecutor would not comment on what type of criminal charges as the investigation applies.

SCA’s CEO Jan Johansson got the news directly from SvD Business during an interview on hygiene giant’s headquarters.

– I have not received any information about it, but if it is so, we will of course help as much as we can, says Jan Johansson.

Can it affect confidence in you as CEO ?

– Since I have not seen or heard anything about it so I think it’s too early for me to comment on it.

SvD Enterprise’s investigation has uncovered a series of events about SCA – For travel with the company’s private jet to events Football Championship, Olympics as well and later for the World Cup in Brazil.

As for Brazil, will take up the trip in your periodic declaration?

– What I declare my private thing. Now let’s look at how the company has handled this, and I in my role as CEO, says Jan Johansson.

Have you ever when it comes to the holidays where you had with family members raised the in your tax return?

– We had a tax audit, which went through three years with a focus on business flights and where we did not get a single note and we handle it the same way today.

SvD could also reveal that the son of SCA’s outgoing Chairman Sverker Martin-Löf been involved as an advisor in two miljardaffärer that SCA is done, the sale of Austrian Laakirchen and an affair with the Australian venture capital firm Pacific Equity Partners. Jan Johansson says now that he was fully informed of his son’s involvement in such Laakirchen where he worked for Sverker Martin-Löf’s longtime friend Alfred Heinzel.

How did you react?

– At the time I thought no more about it. I myself was not involved in the negotiations in the shops until the very end, says Jan Johansson.

Of SCA’s financial statements show that the company is now forced to further write-downs in connection with the sale of Laakirchen and the sum is to reach nearly 900 million.

You have issued an instruction to related parties in the future may not be the advisor in business. Does that mean you think it was inappropriate ?

– Yes, I think so. He should not have been there.

Jan Johansson also confirms that he knew that his son was working for the bank that SCA hired in Australia affair. But the son has also done other jobs, he reveals in the interview with SvD Business.

– He has done some research work for SCA previously he has been paid for.

How much then?

– Very little, that I do not remember.

Is there anything that you have approved?

– Yes, I have approved.

Did you find it useful?

– Yes, at that time I found it.

According to Johansson, he saw no conflict of interest.

– I had no thought of it and I never talked to Sverker Martin-Löf on which advisors we have. We are searching for the best that we think can help us to get the information we want.

Is not it strange that you do not take up with your president that his son received assignments?

– We do not mix as close as CEO and chairman. We have different roles.

I received an email from an employee of one of SCA factories that they are instructed to write their names on disposable plastic cups in order to save money. What do you think they are thinking when they read that you are traveling for business aviation to the World Cup and hunt for big amount?

– I do not recognize the notion that they write names on the cups so it may be for you, but it is clear that they react, it would be strange if they did not. I would also have made the same situation, especially as it is described in the papers. I would think: what are they doing?

Yes, what are you doing?

– We run the company, and this requires a business flights. Then we had a policy that has conceded that it brings his respective or her child.

The other day wrote Emma Stenström, Assistant Professor at the School that she did not want to buy SCA’s products because she thinks that you are not in tune with the times?

It is obvious that if we have a picture of the company that are not accepted by society, it can influence. Then it’s our job to make sure to change the way we behave and change the image of the company. I think we have taken many initiatives to do so.

And you think you are the right man to do it?

– Yes, so long as I feel it. Although I myself naturally wondered if it’s worth it. But I feel a strong support internally and externally. And I actually think that I can continue to do good for shareholders too.

Click here to go to the debate

Here you can discuss everything that moves in stocks, business or economy at large. If you do not already have an SvD subscription, you can create an account for free here.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment