Thursday, May 28, 2015

Lizana Wallner choice: Ends with hockey – Expressen

On Thursday came the unexpected reply:

Olympics and World Cup goalkeeper Valentina Lizana Wallner choose to quit with hockey at age 25.

– I guess this is how it feels to do away with the love of her life, she writes in a chronicle of hockeysverige.se.

Hockey National Team loses unexpectedly, one of his goalkeepers.

Valentina Lizana Wallner, 25 , has decided to stop playing hockey just barely two months after she was involved in playing up the island of Djurgården in the national series for next season.

In a column on hockeysverige.se tells herself about his decision and that among other things, the lack of motivation that lies behind.

– You can find new dreams and goals in life and you grow apart somehow. It was sitting deep but we have decided now. Me and hockey have chosen to go their separate ways, she writes.

Lizana Wallner has won two national championships with AIK and in Modo.

Burväktaren has played five World Championships for Sweden and was featured in the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver and 2014 in Sochi.

– The motivation is simply not there anymore. I know what it takes to be an elite athlete, believe me. I have fought to be the best in over 20 years. I have made my sacrifice, planned my meals and figured my sleeping hours. I have taken my personal best in all the physical tests and I have fulfilled dreams. But I have more dreams that I want to achieve. Dreams outside of the rink. And there are those I intend to deal with now, says Lizana Wallner.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment